This popular course has been running for a number of years, reaching more than 20,000 people. It has by far become the industry-recognised qualification for those looking to deliver energy efficiency advice. The Energy Awareness course will enable participants to advise clients on a range of issues including:
- the efficiency and appropriate use of heating and hot water systems, and the functions of the controls
- interpret domestic fuel cost data using reference materials
- advise clients on how to record gas and electricity consumption and calculate costs
- inform clients of ways of paying for gas and electricity
- identify the potential to improve the energy efficiency in a range of dwellings
- explain Green Deal and Energy Company Obligation
- advise clients on how to avoid condensation and how to take remedial action where condensation dampness exists
City & Guilds Level 3 Award. Participants will be issued with a certificate on successful completion.
Who Should Attend?
- Individuals looking to gain employment in a growing sector
- Employers looking to equip staff to provide quality energy advice
- Local Authority and Housing Association looking to add value to client services
- Communities or groups looking to maximise the impact of their project
Course fees include all tuition, materials, exam fees, registration fees and refreshments. Fees above based on delivery on GreenSkills Scotland premises. Alternatively, this course can be delivered on your own premises or off-site across Scotland. Please get in touch to discuss.